Pulse optimization doesn't seem to be terminating with max_wall_time

wjhu...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 7:44:18 PM6/9/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hello there,

I'm just starting to play around with QuTiP and I have defined an optimal control problem (loosely following the Hadamard example) that I don't expect QuTiP to be able to solve quickly. In order to get a feel for how the results will look / check my work I set max_iter and max_wall_time very low, expecting to get some poor results but get them quickly. However, the code does not seem to be stopping. Am I correct in assuming that it should terminate in roughly max_wall_time * max_iter seconds no matter what?

Thank you kindly,

Bill

Alex Pitchford

Jul 13, 2016, 8:57:00 AM7/13/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Bill,

Sorry for the very slow response on this one.
You should expect the optimising to stop after approx max_wall_time seconds. However, if its mid iteration then it won't stop. That is it only checks for wall_time overrun at the end of the iteration.

If you have not already solved this, then please post your script code.

Alex

Bill Huggins

Aug 3, 2016, 2:43:29 PM8/3/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python