close quantum system

Cathy

Apr 17, 2015, 11:12:04 AM4/17/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I am working on an close fermionic 1-D system whose hamiltonian is based on AA model. To get the dynamics with interaction and disorder, I tried to use qutip. I am new in quantum numerical calculation, so am not sure whether the function mesolve is applicable in my case. Cuz, LIndblad method is deisnged for open system, is that correct?

Paul Nation

Apr 17, 2015, 4:44:32 PM4/17/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
It will work for both open and closed. The mcsolve function also reduces to the schrodinger equation if no collapse operators are given.

Paul

On Apr 18, 2015, at 00:12, Cathy <cathy....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello
I am working on an close fermionic 1-D system whose hamiltonian is based on AA model. To get the dynamics with interaction and disorder, I tried to use qutip. I am new in quantum numerical calculation, so am not sure whether the function mesolve is applicable in my case. Cuz, LIndblad method is deisnged for open system, is that correct?

Cathy

Apr 20, 2015, 3:50:29 AM4/20/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot!

Cathy Wu

Apr 21, 2015, 7:50:54 AM4/21/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
but can I use mesolve for a close system? Was Lindblad used to evolve the system? if not, what algorithm was applied?
thanks a lot

Paul Nation

Apr 21, 2015, 8:07:49 AM4/21/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
If there are no collapse terms, the master equation reduces to the Heisenberg equation.

Paul

Paul Nation

Apr 21, 2015, 8:14:09 AM4/21/15
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Actually the schrodinger equation since the density matrix does not evolve in the heisenberg picture.  Sorry