unable to locate package python-qutip @ ImportError: No module named 'qutip'

arkan....@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 1:02:53 AM7/11/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hello,

I'm in a bad situation :( please help

Two days ago I upgraded to ubuntu 16.04. since then I'm trying to run my cods for my research (using qutip) , but whenever I try " import qutip " in python3 notebook all I get is " ImportError: No module named 'qutip' ". Then I removed all version pf qutip I had and tried to reinstall it following the instructions given at " http://qutip.org/docs/3.0.1/installation.html " but when I get to run " sudo apt-get install python-qutip " the output will be " unable to locate package python-qutip " .
I tried every way I could find online, but still didn't succeed .
anyone have any idea about how to get though this I appreciate comment it in detail because I'm new with programming. thanks

Arkan Mahmood

Jul 11, 2016, 4:01:37 PM7/11/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
anyone has any idea .....!!!

nonher...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 4:06:19 PM7/11/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
We do not have a 16.04 package. You need to install manually per the install documentation.