Final states with mcsolve

nemet...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2016, 5:38:04 PM11/17/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi everyone,

I am somewhat new to qutip and had a bit of a struggle. In order to try resolving memory issues I am currently doing Monte Carlo simulations to determine expectation values. However, I also need the final average density matrix, so I set the option "store_final_state=True" and "average_states=True" in mcsolve. The problem was that apparently "Result object has no attribute final_state", therefore there was nothing to average over (which I found out by deleting the second option). Now I have:

rho_ss   = mcsolve(H, psi0, tlist, c_ops, oplist, ntraj = 100,options = Options(store_final_state=True, gui=False, num_cpus=4),progress_bar=None)

However, when I try to call rho_ss.final_state it gives me the following error:

AttributeError: 'Result' object has no attribute 'final_state'

Can anyone help me with that please?

Cheers,
Niki