windows intallation-visual studio

sperelat

Nov 14, 2017, 6:54:43 AM11/14/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I have installed visual studio to install qutip, but I still don't know how to install qutip with this environment.
I tried command line prompt to write "python setup.py install",but the computer does not get the command.
When I tried to install qutip with python 2.7 without visual studio , the  command above worked even though the computer made error message.

I wonder what the next step is to install qutip after I installed the visual studio.
How can I input the installation command with visual studio?

sperelat

Nov 14, 2017, 6:59:18 AM11/14/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python

My OS is the Windows 7.
I installed Visual studio 2017 first.
Since it does not work, I also installed visual studio 2015, but nothing is changed.

2017년 11월 14일 화요일 오후 8시 54분 43초 UTC+9, sperelat 님의 말:

Paul Nation

Nov 14, 2017, 9:04:10 AM11/14/17
to QuTiP Group
You cannot use Python 2.7 on Windows.

Assuming you have Anaconda with Python 3, you can install from the Anaconda command prompt.  Make sure you also installed the C++ tools for VS 2015.

-P

Message has been deleted

sperelat

Nov 22, 2017, 5:48:15 AM11/22/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
I tried to install qutip from the Anaconda command prompt.

The error message

'C:\\Program Files(x86)Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\\VC\\bin\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2

is made.

2017년 11월 14일 화요일 오후 11시 4분 10초 UTC+9, Paul Nation 님의 말:
Message has been deleted

sperelat

Nov 23, 2017, 4:10:57 AM11/23/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Below is the screen capture of the full error message

2017년 11월 22일 수요일 오후 7시 48분 15초 UTC+9, sperelat 님의 말: