Version 4.0 released

Alex Pitchford

Jan 11, 2017, 11:04:59 AM1/11/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Happy New Year QuTiP users. At long last we have made a new official release of QuTiP - now version 4.0! The latest release being 4.0.2. A lot of people have be using the github development version, and so much of what is new from 3.1 to 4.0 has been around for quite a while as 3.2 dev.

The main recent functional improvement in v4.0 is work that Paul has been doing implementing a fast_csr_matrix. This is now used as the underlying data for Qobj and  provides significant speed ups throughout QuTiP. In 3.2 were there were some new non-Markovian solvers, and the CRAB algorithm was added to the control modules. This is the first time these have been in an official release. More detail in the change log in the docs. There have been a lot of incremental improvements and bug fixes.

We have also spent a lot of time working to make an easier install for everyone. There are now conda packages, through the conda-forge, of the latest release for Linux, Mac and Windows. See the docs for more information.