noise spectrum

mohammad eghbali

Dec 9, 2017, 1:52:45 PM12/9/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi
How can I define a non-markovian noise spectrum?
for example I defined a noise spectrum like below:
#######################################
def noise_spectrum(w):
    if w >= 0.0:
        return gamma
    else:
        return gamma* exp(-w / w_th) * w * (1 + n_th)
#######################################
Is this definition true for a non markovian systems in qutip?
How can I control the non-markovianity of the system? Can I change the power of w to w**2 for more non-markovianity?

Paul Nation

Dec 9, 2017, 3:39:22 PM12/9/17
to QuTiP Group
The Bloch-Redfield solver is a Markovian solver.  Fortunately, w^2, or super-ohmic spectra, fit in this category.

-P

mohammad eghbali

Dec 10, 2017, 1:34:33 AM12/10/17
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Dear Paul,
Thank you for the reply.
I could not find any sample for non-markovian systems in QuTip. Would you please tell me how can I solve a non markovian system?

Best regards,
M. E. Arani
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to qutip+un...@googlegroups.com.

Alex Pitchford