help

CARLOS ANDRES GONZALEZ GUTIERREZ

Feb 27, 2014, 3:06:16 AM2/27/14
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Sorry for this simple question but I am trying to solve the problems of two atoms in a cavity but I am a little confused defining the extended operators, for example

a=tensor(qeye(2),qeye(2),destroy(n))
sm1=?
sm2=?

?: I dont know.

Thank you very much!!

Paul Nation

Feb 27, 2014, 7:23:22 PM2/27/14
to qu...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps you could just do the same thing you did but using the sigmam()
operator in place of the qeye(2)'s and use qeye(n) for the cavity.

Paul

royta...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 12:13:28 PM7/11/16
to QuTiP: Quantum Toolbox in Python
Hi Paul,

According to my understanding the following should be true:

>>> destroy(2)==sigmam()

since destroy(2) should be same as sigma-minus operator for a two level system.

What I found is rather destroy(2) to be equal to sigma-plus.

In[2]: sigmam()
Out[2]:
Quantum object: dims = [[2], [2]], shape = [2, 2], type = oper, isherm = False
Qobj data =
[[ 0.  0.]

Following is my version
C:\Anaconda2\lib\site-packages\qutip-3.2.0.dev0-py2.7-win-amd64.egg\qutip\version.pyc

Thanks,
Tanay

nonher...@gmail.com

Jul 11, 2016, 12:32:01 PM7/11/16
to qu...@googlegroups.com
They are not the same. The qobj for a two level system is reversed from that of an oscillator. This makes the spin operators look like one would expect. There is a section of the documentation that discusses this.

-P