Fwd: Prioritizing pull requests - The PRioritizer service

Patrick Robertson

Dec 16, 2014, 1:15:56 PM12/16/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I filled in a survey about a year back on my pull request habits on GitHub relating to Quicksilver.
Here are the results. The tool is quite interesting: http://ghtorrent.org/prioritizer/#/display/quicksilver/Quicksilver/

Begin forwarded message:

From: "PRioritizer" <prprio...@infiks.nl>
Subject: Prioritizing pull requests - The PRioritizer service
Date: 16 Rhagfyr 2014 11:40:42 GMT

Hi pjrobertson,

As a graduating student at the Delft University of Technology (the Netherlands) I performed a study to prioritization of pull requests the past few months. A result of the study is an initial version of a prioritization service.

You've been invited to test the service for your repository.
The PRioritizer service can be found at: ghtorrent.org/prioritizer/

How does the service perform? Would you use it? Does it save time or cause overhead instead? What can we do to improve it?

To answer these questions, I would like to ask you to respond to a short questionnaire. After you've had the time to test the PRioritizer service you can submit your answers with this form.

You can also give feedback on individual pull requests via the web interface of the service.

I greatly appreciate your input. The results of this evaluation will be used for an academic study. We're not affiliated with GitHub. You receive this email because you indicated in a previous questionnaire that you would be available for more questions. If you consider this email spam, I'm very sorry, this was not my intention. There will be no follow-up.

Thank you!

Yours truly,
Erik van der Veen
Graduating student | Delft University of Technology

Rob McBroom

Dec 16, 2014, 3:38:08 PM12/16/14
On 16 Dec 2014, at 13:15, Patrick Robertson wrote:

> I filled in a survey about a year back on my pull request habits on
> GitHub relating to Quicksilver.

I feel like I took a similar survey, but haven’t heard anything.

> Here are the results. The tool is quite interesting:
> http://ghtorrent.org/prioritizer/#/display/quicksilver/Quicksilver/

The filters are cool, but the order seems way off to me. 😀

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Patrick Robertson

Dec 16, 2014, 3:54:40 PM12/16/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I think I send the survey info round last time as well.

> The filters are cool, but the order seems way off to me. 😀

It’s an interesting ‘algorithm’. I see it has some value for getting rid of old PRs, but I guess the way we work as an ad-hoc group of devs doesn’t really fit much of a pattern… :P
I’ll be giving some feedback on it :)