Bountysource

Rob McBroom

Sep 24, 2013, 8:45:04 AM9/24/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Maybe after the t-shirt contest wraps up, we should look at using this.

https://opensource.com/business/13/9/bountysource-CEO-interview

I’ve always thought bounties might be a way to get things accomplished, but wasn’t sure about all the implementation details. I’m happy that someone else has done all that.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>

Patrick Robertson

Sep 24, 2013, 9:02:39 AM9/24/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I know we discussed it a few years back and decided we didn't want to do bounties because the devs weren't interested in developing for the money, and we all thought it would take too much time managing.

But now that we have donations in place, and bounty source exists (and more importantly - links with GitHub… easily, I hope) I'd be more than happy to revisit the idea if it'll drive Quicksilver development (that's an 'if' of course)

Patrick Robertson

Sep 24, 2013, 9:10:05 AM9/24/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Seems to integrate nicely with GH:

So it involves the "bounty voters" to make a payment to the site (we can't use current donations). I guess the answer to whether or not it will be successful is whether or not people use it to raise bounties.

Patrick Robertson

Sep 24, 2013, 9:20:49 AM9/24/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the multiple posts, but the comments in the blog post are interesting (the 2nd). I think that guy hits the nail bang on with what Etienne is working on right now:

The best work with the least to show for it is the work that leaves no wishes except those easily tackled by the user himself due to a clean and well-laid out and documented design and that works robustly.
But that does not leave much of a room for bounties.

I doubt anybody would "vote" on "Refactoring of QSInterface", but that's what we need most of all :P