Quicksilver update pushed to 10.6

Gui

Nov 5, 2013, 4:58:19 PM11/5/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone!

    just to let you know that I got a message to update to the new Quicksilver's version (1.1.3) even if I'm still on 10.6.8. I thought: "great they pushed the update to 10.6 when they said the version 1.0.0 would be the last one on this Mac os version". So I updated it and found out that it's not working...

So, I just wanted to let you know that this version got pushed to the users still on 10.6. If that was wanted, that's great and I would like to know why Quicksilver crash at startup? If it wasn't supposed to, maybe you should update the base OS version so it doesn't get push to 10.6!

Beside that, keep the good work !

Best

Patrick Robertson

Nov 5, 2013, 7:26:02 PM11/5/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for letting us know, it is an error on our part. Please downgrade back to v1.0.0

I have fixed the update system so you will not see the download again

Gui

Nov 5, 2013, 9:31:02 PM11/5/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I did a backup of the application to my desktop in case the new version doesn't work. So, yes, not so much of a problem for me, but I thought this could be for some...

Also, it updated some of my plugins at the same time and I don't have a backup of those... Didn't test them yet, but those some of the plugins are now only compatible with 10.7+ ?

Thanks
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to quicksilver---development+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Rob McBroom

Nov 5, 2013, 10:29:01 PM11/5/13

On 5 Nov 2013, at 19:26, Patrick Robertson wrote:

Thanks for letting us know, it is an error on our part. Please downgrade back to v1.0.0

I have fixed the update system so you will not see the download again

Sorry! I know I looked at that box, and I thought I filled in the version, but there’s pretty good evidence to the contrary. :-/

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Rob McBroom

Nov 5, 2013, 10:32:01 PM11/5/13
On 5 Nov 2013, at 21:31, Gui wrote:

> Also, it updated some of my plugins at the same time and I don't have
> a backup of those... Didn't test them yet, but those some of the
> plugins are now only compatible with 10.7+ ?

Refresh the list of plug-ins and you should only see the latest
compatible versions. You’ll need to remove and re-download any that
aren’t working to go back to the old version.

Sorry, again.

Patrick Robertson

Nov 5, 2013, 11:43:10 PM11/5/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm… yeah I was wondering how that didn’t work. Shall I go ahead and make a change in the code that says:

if (qsversion > 4000 && !minSystemVersion) {
minSystemVersion = 100700;
}

or whatever?

Rob McBroom

Nov 6, 2013, 8:55:59 AM11/6/13

On 5 Nov 2013, at 23:43, Patrick Robertson wrote:

Hmmm… yeah I was wondering how that didn’t work. Shall I go ahead and make a change in the code that says:

if (qsversion > 4000 && !minSystemVersion) {
minSystemVersion = 100700;
}

or whatever?

Yes.

And what do you thing about replacing the “Application update” checkbox with a test like

($bundle_id == "com.blacktree.Quicksilver")

Gui

Nov 6, 2013, 3:33:25 PM11/6/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com, mailin...@skurfer.com
Thanks, that worked fine ! Those that were not compatible were grayed out, so it was easy to find them and delete and reinstall them! So, not so much of a problem.

Thanks again!

Patrick Robertson

Nov 6, 2013, 8:07:34 PM11/6/13
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
> And what do you thing about replacing the “Application update” checkbox with a test like
($bundle_id == "com.blacktree.Quicksilver")

Sounds fair enough. I’ll do this at some point and the other thing at some point soon. So you’re using the PHP form as opposed to the qs-push-plugin script to send updates? I can’t even remember if the ruby script works with app updates… @tiennou!?

Rob McBroom

Nov 7, 2013, 8:29:01 AM11/7/13
On 6 Nov 2013, at 20:07, Patrick Robertson wrote:

> Sounds fair enough. I’ll do this at some point and the other thing
> at some point soon. So you’re using the PHP form as opposed to the
> qs-push-plugin script to send updates? I can’t even remember if the
> ruby script works with app updates… @tiennou!?

Yes, I use the script for plug-ins and the web interface for application
updates.