Chrome, iTerm2 and Evernote plugins

Andreas Johansson

Aug 29, 2014, 3:39:45 AM8/29/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

As you might see on Github, I haven't really been able to work on my plugins for a year now, and due to recent changes, I won't be able to quickly respond to any issues for the foreseeable future. Thus, I would like to transfer the ownership of my plugin repos to the Quicksilver organization, which seems to be the proper place. I would really like the plugins to live on in some capacity even though I won't be able to work on them.

Any thoughts regarding this?

// Andreas

Rob McBroom

Aug 29, 2014, 8:24:02 AM8/29/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, we probably should have done that sooner, since they’re offered
via the in-app update system. Transfer them over, then I’ll make sure
the Plugin-Developers team has control. You’re already on that team,
so you should still be able to push directly to the repos. (But we ask
that you use pull requests for any changes, since that’s our standard
policy across the board.)

Thanks for the contributions, and don’t give up completely. :-)

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Patrick Robertson

Aug 29, 2014, 7:10:11 PM8/29/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Just to chime in and second Rob’s recommendations.

There’s no guarantee that we’ll be able to keep things updated and bugs fixed, but of having everything under the QS organisation umbrella will make life easier.
I hope you don’t drop off the radar completely, and it’s been great having you on board the team. Good luck with everything!

Andreas Johansson

Aug 30, 2014, 4:04:05 AM8/30/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the kind words. I'll stay around for sure, though my response time might not be as quick as before.

One thing, it seems I need some sort of admin privileges in the Quicksilver organization for a transfer to work: https://help.github.com/articles/how-to-transfer-a-repository#transferring-from-a-user-to-an-organization

// Andreas

Patrick Robertson

Aug 30, 2014, 4:18:07 AM8/30/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I’ve added you as an owner to the organisation.
Let us know if you need anything else

Andreas Johansson

Aug 30, 2014, 9:30:00 AM8/30/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
I have transferred the repos to the organization and removed myself from the owners team. Everything looks fine from here.

// Andreas