changes to the update system

Rob McBroom

Jan 21, 2014, 11:03:03 AM1/21/14
to quicksilver---development

I forgot (until recently) that we’d need some server-side changes to support #1629.

I tried to get it working (populating the min and max system version), but my changes don’t seem to have made a difference. What am I missing?

What I changed:

In lib/functions.php, I added a new function under the “Utilities” comment that will turn something like “10.9.1” into “100901”.

In plugins/admin/add.php, I made some changes between lines 96 and 104.

I uploaded a couple of small updates to the File Attribute plug-in, but the minSystemVersion was still blank. (I’ve manually filed it in since, if you’re checking.)

Any ideas? Or is there a good way to test without uploading real plug-ins?

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/

Rob McBroom

Jan 26, 2014, 10:05:09 PM1/26/14

On 21 Jan 2014, at 11:03, Rob McBroom wrote:

I forgot (until recently) that we’d need some server-side changes to support #1629.

I tried to get it working (populating the min and max system version), but my changes don’t seem to have made a difference. What am I missing?

For the public record, Patrick and I discussed this privately and the changes are working. You can use the OS version requirements now (with build 4007 and up).