QSApp hosting upgrade

Patrick Robertson

Dec 19, 2014, 7:47:28 AM12/19/14
to quicksilver-...@googlegroups.com
We’ve gone over our free 1GB of storage (we’re on about 1.2GB atm) that United Hosting (UH) has given us for QSApp.com, which means we can’t upload any plugins/dmgs to the site.

We could definitely ask UH to up our storage (probably about £3/month/GB), but I’m just wondering if anyone else has other ideas?
Is it time we went with our own hosting registered under ‘Quicksilver’, as opposed to one that is hanging as a free add-on of the side of one of my hosting accounts?

I’d recommend Webfaction, who I’ve been using recently - $100/year for hosting in an almost entirely ‘free’ environment (GCC is install so you can put whatever you want on there, if desired)
We could also pay with PayPal, directly from the QS PayPal account which would be nice (in the meantime we could also switch the domain over to something that’s paid for with PayPal so I don’t have to claim every year)

What are people’s thoughts? Unless we delete some existing files from the server now, we won’t be able to upload any new DMGs/plugins, so it’s fairly urgent!

Rob McBroom

Dec 23, 2014, 3:25:25 PM12/23/14

On 19 Dec 2014, at 7:47, Patrick Robertson wrote:

Is it time we went with our own hosting registered under ‘Quicksilver’, as opposed to one that is hanging as a free add-on of the side of one of my hosting accounts?

Yes.

I’d recommend Webfaction, who I’ve been using recently - $100/year for hosting in an almost entirely ‘free’ environment (GCC is install so you can put whatever you want on there, if desired)

Looks good to me. It’d be nice to have Python, Ruby, and (I assume) rsync.

We could also pay with PayPal, directly from the QS PayPal account which would be nice (in the meantime we could also switch the domain over to something that’s paid for with PayPal so I don’t have to claim every year)

I just moved my domain to Hover. They take PayPal.

What are people’s thoughts? Unless we delete some existing files from the server now, we won’t be able to upload any new DMGs/plugins, so it’s fairly urgent!

I’ve already been removing some old crash logs to get updates pushed. We can probably remove any containing that range exception once I get the update out.

--
Rob McBroom
http://www.skurfer.com/