Quick2Wire Competition #3

Romilly Cocking

Mar 1, 2013, 2:22:24 AM3/1/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
We're running a new competition in conjunction with The MagPi magazine to celebrate the first Birthday of the Raspberry Pi.

If you haven't come across it, the MagPi is a fantastic on-line magazine about the Pi, its uses and its users.
Ii's now available in print (for a little money) and it's still free on-line. <hint>It's run by volunteers, and always on the look out for new articles or more help.</hint>

We're giving away three full sets of Quick2Wire kits (Interface kit, I2C Port Expander kit, I2C Analogue kit), on the basis of projects that you submit.

We'll publish full details here and on our website later today.

Have fun, and good luck!

Romilly Cocking

Mar 1, 2013, 12:17:24 PM3/1/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Here are the competition details:

We will offer three full sets of kits (Interface kit, I2C Port Expander kit, I2C Analogue kit) as prizes in the competition.

Entries will be judged on the basis of a project that they publish which runs on the Raspberry Pi.

Entries will be judged by a panel of judges (to be announced) and will be chosen on the basis of
  • educational value
  • utility
  • time and money required (less is better :) and
  • technical merit
The decision of the judges will be final.

Entries must be received by 8 AM UK time on Monday 15th April, and the winner will be announced on 1st May.

The project does not have to be complete, but a significant part of it must be demonstrably working.

The hardware and software for each project must be Open Source.

Entrants must post brief details of the project in this section of this group, and must publish enough detail for someone to replicate the project.

Publication can be on the mailing list, or on a blog or external website. In the latter cases the competitor must publish links to the description in a post to this group.

Entrants must be willing for details of their project and their identity to be published in the MagPi and on our website.