AssertationError

Peter

Dec 13, 2013, 4:02:48 AM12/13/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

After a break of a few month I have come back to my Raspberry Pi project.
But as I started my programm, which worked perfectly before, I got this error message:

         File "ATR_Rev17", line 59, in <module>
                                import quick2wire.spi as Spibus
                                     File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/quick2wire_api-0.0.0.2-py2.7.egg/quick2wire/spi.py", line 9, in <module>
                                       assert sys.version_info.major >= 3, __name__ + " is only supported on Python 3"
                                            AssertionError: quick2wire.spi is only supported on Python 3

Does anyone of you know, what I can do about that error?

Thanks!

Andrew Scheller

Dec 13, 2013, 4:54:48 AM12/13/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
> After a break of a few month I have come back to my Raspberry Pi project.

Must be more than a few months, looks like this change was made 10
months ago ;-)
https://github.com/quick2wire/quick2wire-python-api/commits/master/quick2wire/spi.py

> But as I started my programm, which worked perfectly before, I got this
> error message:
> AssertionError: quick2wire.spi
> is only supported on Python 3
>
> Does anyone of you know, what I can do about that error?

As the error suggests, are you able to use 'python3' instead of 'python' ?

Andrew

Peter

Dec 13, 2013, 5:01:01 AM12/13/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com, raspb...@loowis.durge.org
3 and a half months...
But I am using a other raspberry than I did last time. Is it possible, that I did an update to much?

My code has got a few thousand lines, so it would need a huge effort.
Do you know, if I can "downgrade" the version, so that I can stick to my program?

Thanks!

Andrew Scheller

Dec 13, 2013, 5:13:42 AM12/13/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
> My code has got a few thousand lines, so it would need a huge effort.
> Do you know, if I can "downgrade" the version, so that I can stick to my
> program?

No idea - I'm only a lowly 3rd-party user, and don't tend to use
quick2wire much these days... it seems it's not been updated for 6
months https://github.com/quick2wire/quick2wire-python-api so IMHO
it's hit a bit of a dead-end :-(

http://wiringpi.com/ seems to be more actively developed. I realise it
may not help in your situation, but there's a nice bunch of tutorials
at http://raspi.tv/2013/how-to-use-wiringpi2-for-python-on-the-raspberry-pi-in-raspbian

Andrew