quick2wire python3 raspberry pi

pi python3 noob

Feb 23, 2017, 6:00:36 AM2/23/17
to Quick2Wire Users
raspberry pi 3
root@cyril:~# uname -a
Linux cyril.jgscrater.com 4.4.21-v7+ #911 SMP Thu Sep 15 14:22:38 BST 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux

trying to run /usr/lib/cgi-bin/tea5767controller.py
which needs websocket.  i couldn't get that to work
via python -m pip install python-websocket or
python3-websocket, but this worked:

apt-get install python3-websocket

now it's telling me it can't find quick2wire.
        gpg --list-keys
        curl -L  https://q2wi.re/swkey | sudo apt-key add -
        vi /etc/apt/sources.list
        apt-get update
        had issues w/ a pub key.
        apt-get install quick2wire-gpio-admin
        installed w/o key.  had to say Y to it.
but :
root@cyril:~# /usr/lib/cgi-bin/tea5767controller.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/tea5767controller.py", line 29, in <module>
    from tea5767stationscanner import tea5767
  File "/usr/lib/cgi-bin/tea5767stationscanner.py", line 25, in <module>
    import quick2wire.i2c as i2clib
ImportError: No module named 'quick2wire'

(tea5767controller.py definitely is python3, AFAICT.)

so, i'm *guessing* that i imported the python 2.x version of quick2wire
and i need the python3 version.

so, how to get a python3 version of quick2wire?

i had wheezy in the /etc/apt/sources.list file, changed it to jessie, re-ran apt-get update, got this.
W: Failed to fetch http://dist.quick2wire.com/raspbian/dists/jessie/main/binary-armhf/Packages  404  Not Found [IP: 151.101.0.133 80]
so that didn't help.

thx.

j.

Romilly Cocking

Feb 23, 2017, 6:18:30 AM2/23/17
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, Quick2Wire closed down in 2013. Lots of links are broken and the code base is now very out of date.

I am currently looking at ways to fix/reboot it but that will take a while as I have several meaty projects on the go.

In the meantime you should be able to do i2c things using this guide https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruits-raspberry-pi-lesson-4-gpio-setup/configuring-i2c

personal:@romillyc work:@rareblog skype:romilly.cocking web:http://blog.rareschool.com/

pi python3 noob

Feb 23, 2017, 6:28:23 AM2/23/17
to Quick2Wire Users
hmm.  Romilly Cocking tells me things have closed down, thx for the input.
(that was fast, BTW.)
in the meantime i managed to get it going by doing the git download and
adding the location to the path.  i was able to demonstrate that the radio
worked -- could tune in a station.
i need to get this to work from C/C++, but that's off topic here.  i'll do my
homework on that next.

well, thanks again.

j.

Romilly Cocking