problem with Add the Quick2Wire public key

Robert Palo

Jan 21, 2015, 1:36:49 PM1/21/15
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com

Hello

I'm trying to install
quick2wire-gpio-admin for raspbian image but when I run a command for adding a key ( "curl -L https://q2wi.re/swkey | sudo apt-key add -") I get a following message:
curl: (6) Couldn't resolve host 'q2wi.re'
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

Going to the URL for the public key just hangs in a browser as well.

Any ideas for a fix? Thanks

Andrew Scheller

Jan 21, 2015, 8:14:00 PM1/21/15
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Does https://github.com/quick2wire/quick2wire-software-users contain
what you're looking for?

In case you haven't already realised, Quick2Wire seems (IMHO) like
very much a dead-end...

Andrew

John Wood

Jan 22, 2015, 3:00:30 AM1/22/15
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robert,

I'm afraid I gave up on quick2wire  a while back. I'm not sure of the story but I think the originator of the quick2wire library was bought out by an oriental company who pledged support but didn't provide it. Most of the links seem to be broken. As fas as  I'm aware there is no fix. Sorry I can't be more help. Let me know if you find anything. I had a project to do with the Rasberry Pi but ended up going the Arduino route because of this issue with Q2W. My Arduino does the data gathering and control and the RasPi does the graphical display. It works pretty well and is still cheap.

Good hunting!
John W.

On 21 January 2015 at 18:36, Robert Palo <bobo...@gmail.com> wrote:

John W. Wood
Ruthern Instruments
Always reply to ruther...@gmail.com

Andrew Scheller

Jan 22, 2015, 6:35:33 AM1/22/15
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
> be more help. Let me know if you find anything. I had a project to do with
> the Rasberry Pi but ended up going the Arduino route because of this issue
> with Q2W. My Arduino does the data gathering and control and the RasPi does
> the graphical display. It works pretty well and is still cheap.

I never got round to trying it myself, but it looks like
http://wiringpi.com/examples/quick2wire-and-wiringpi/ might be a
workable alternative software stack?

Alternatively there are *many* other Raspberry Pi addon / interface
boards available from many different vendors...

Andrew