What's up with the website?

Tim Smardon

Dec 26, 2013, 3:02:06 PM12/26/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Hiya,

I recently got an analogue board through PiSupply and it is now soldered and ready to go.  Only snag is that the guide to see if it is working is half-complete on the Quick2Wire website. I can certainly look at the info for the PCF8591P and figure out how to use the I2C libraries to communicate with the chip - eventually. But I was hoping that there might be a more complete guide or at least some examples to work from for people like me who are still trying to get started.

So I guess what I am asking is why hasn't the website been updated in a while (April since my last check) and why is support incomplete for the analogue board?

If you can direct me towards some support/resources I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Tim

Andrew Scheller

Dec 26, 2013, 8:29:23 PM12/26/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
> So I guess what I am asking is why hasn't the website been updated in a
> while (April since my last check) and why is support incomplete for the
> analogue board?

I'm only an unofficial 3rd-party observer, but from what I can tell
Quick2Wire was sold to SK Pang http://quick2wire.com/about-us/

Quick2Wire is obviously only a very small part of SK Pang's main
business http://skpang.co.uk/

SK Pang promised to provide support and further development:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/quick2wire-users/rnGPmwfwsXE/Ku2bqGdQw8MJ
but AFAIK nothing ever materialised...

Nothing official was ever posted, but one can only guess that
Quick2Wire wasn't getting enough business to remain viable, and so
simply sold the whole lock, stock and barrel to SKPang?

Andrew

John Wood

Dec 27, 2013, 5:08:40 AM12/27/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Tim,

I'm fairly new to the Pi but I have just about given up on Quick2Wire. After it was sold to Pang everything went to pot and nothing gets updated or there is just half a story.  I keep clear of it now. A lesson learned!

Good Luck,
John W.

John W. Wood
Ruthern Instruments
Always reply to ruther...@gmail.com

Tim Smardon

Dec 27, 2013, 9:16:33 AM12/27/13
to quick2wi...@googlegroups.com
All,

From the comments posted I guess I am on my own in that case! Thanks for posting guys.

I'll still use the boards though and also since the analogue board uses the I2C interface I can still use the existing commands to communicate with it.

But as John says it is a lesson learned!

Cheers,

Tim