Quick2Wire on Banana PI

Givi

Feb 7, 2016, 12:53:58 PM2/7/16
to Quick2Wire Users
Team,
I been trying to follow the web pages and install the software for I2C on Banana PI, with Rasbian OS.  Certain parts work as expected, but I am not able to complete everything with satisfaction.  For example in "https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/latest/installation.html"  it seems I am not able to :

$ tar xvfz virtualenv-X.X.tar.gz

It returns :
gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: child returned status 1
tar: Error is not recoverable: existing now

OR, " i2cdetect -y 0" returns :

"UU" in column "4" Row "30:"

Only " i2cdetect -y 2" returns :
"20" in column "0" Row "20:"

Which might be expected due to some differences in Rasberry PI and Banana PI.  However, its been frustrating just to install the software.  When I list the Modules in "python3", there is no sign of "quick2wire.gpio" or anything like it.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards,

Givi