I'm re-starting the Quick2Wire project

Romilly Cocking

Mar 6, 2017, 12:06:25 PM3/6/17
to Quick2Wire Users
You may have seen from my blog that I am re-starting the Quick2Wire project.

If not, you'll find more details here: http://blog.rareschool.com/2017/02/quick2wire-status-update-new-lease-of.html

There's a lot of work to do and it won't happen quickly. I am doing this on my own and I have other commitments.

Below I will outline my current plans tasks I foresee.

I'll update these as we move towards the first main goal, which is to set up a clone of the current website and then point the Quick2Wire domain at it. From then on I will post updates on the Quick2Wire website.

The Raspberry Pi environment has changed dramatically since Quick2Wire started, and much of the information about installing and running the Quick2Wire libraries and code is now out of date or obsolete.

I'll defer responding to the may questions here until I'm clear about how to approach the process of replacing the old libraries and updating instructions. If you have an urgent question, please email me directly at romilly...@gmail.com

So - first steps:

I am cloning the current website. I'll set up a new server and check it out for broken links. Once it's usable I will get the quick2wire domain transferred to me and point it at the new website. This will take a few days.

After that I will plan the process of updating the website. This will take a lot of work and I suspect it will take weeks or months. I'll let you know the plan once I have scoped the work.

Regards,  Romilly

Andrew Scheller

Mar 6, 2017, 5:42:15 PM3/6/17
to Quick2Wire Users
> You may have seen from my blog that I am re-starting the Quick2Wire project.

Ooooh, it'll be interesting to see what happens :-)

Andrew
Message has been deleted