QueryDSL SQL with PostgreSQL: Execute with key

Marco Willemart

May 19, 2017, 6:15:18 AM5/19/17
to Querydsl
Hi everyone,

Inserts with a call to executeWithKey(...) does not work with PosgreSQL. It leads to org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: column "MY_ID" does not exist where MY_ID is the name of the auto incremented primary key.

This happens because in PostgreSQL we need to append "returning MY_ID" to insert queries.

I think https://github.com/querydsl/querydsl/issues/971 already discusses a bit about that. However it is a blocking issue as far as I'm concerned. So any help would be appreciated :-) Note that I'd pleased to help if I can contribute in any way.

Best regards,
Marco