Feedback welcome for ebook Opinionated JPA and Querydsl

Richard Richter

Jan 2, 2017, 11:44:25 AM1/2/17
to Querydsl
Hello Querydsl fans (and authors!)

More than a year ago I embarked on a long journey - I decided to try to write an ebook about a bit unorthodox way how to use JPA and ORM. I chose Leanpub and like most books there it's all an "indie" endevour. In the course of writing I many times re-realized how far I am from any "JPA expert" status, but I fought on. Because I've been using Querydsl for many years - and there are not many books covering Querydsl - I naturally cover it in the book. I simply can't imagine voluntarily using JPA without Querydsl anymore.

The book is nearing to its completion (I hope) and there is just last chapter ahead of me - Advanced Querydsl. And this is where I'd appreciate your feedback. The book is free to read and the chapters dedicated to Querydsl are more or less self-contained (but Querydsl is used throughout the book in most examples), so you don't have to read the whole book to get the idea what is going on.

The book can be read online here: https://leanpub.com/opinionatedjpa/read
First (presumably finished) basic chapter on Querydsl: https://leanpub.com/opinionatedjpa/read#ch-querydls
And barely started advanced topics are towards the end of the book: https://leanpub.com/opinionatedjpa/read#ch-advanced-querydsl

I believe it's easy to see the structure of what I want to cover in the advanced chapter. There are TODOs and some unresolved questions - some technical, some regarding the structure of the chapter. I believe some of the topics are not even covered in the documentation, but we kinda encountered them naturally in our projects. Some are based on other answers from this Group or from StackOverflow, mostly thanks to Timo (thanks).

I'd welcome corrections if we misused something, tips, ideas what else to cover (within that chapter as I'd really like to wrap up the first fianl version of the book :-)), etc.

I found Querydsl mentioned only in Spring Data related books, and even there it was rather superfluous, and I'd like these chapters to add something useful into the body of information available about Querydsl.

So... what do you think?

Cheers

Richard "Virgo" Richter

Antony Paul Raj A

Jan 9, 2017, 5:23:26 AM1/9/17
to Querydsl

Hi,

  I am working in Calling mysql functions in querydsl. I have done by creating one separate expression for each function. Is it possible to call more than one nested functions using one expression?

Thanks,
Antony Paul Raj

Richard Richter

Jan 9, 2017, 5:29:54 AM1/9/17
to Querydsl on behalf of Antony Paul Raj A
Hi Antony

I recommend you to start a separate thread for a specific question, otherwise you risk only me answering you - and right now I don't have the answer to that.

Cheers

Virgo