Debian template

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jul 28, 2014, 6:02:21 PM7/28/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Davíð Steinn Geirsson
Hi,

I've just uploaded Debian template to "templates-community" repository.

It can be installed via the following command:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community
qubes-template-debian-8-x64

It wouldn't be possible without a lot of work done by Davíð Steinn Geirsson,
thanks!

It is still considered as experimental, some features are not working, etc.
But at least anyone can install it and have some base for further improvements.

Note that this template isn't officially supported by ITL. Which means even if
we will provide updates (which we will do), we will not test them as
thoroughly as those designated for official templates (currently only one:
Fedora). Also new/existing features are targeted mainly for an official
template. This is a great place for contributions to Qubes community.

Known issues:
* gnome-terminal by default is configured to black text on black background
* GTK applications looks ugly (GTK theme not installed/set?)
* Probably not working as netvm or proxyvm (untested as of today)
* Slow VM shutdown - qrexec agent termination takes a while (SIGTERM not handled?)

Some basic info also available here:
https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/Templates/Debian

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

signature.asc

Pedro Martins

Jul 29, 2014, 7:30:54 PM7/29/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 28-07-2014 23:02, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> Hi,
> Some basic info also available here:
> https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/Templates/Debian

Something minor, trying to access
https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/Templates (via links Templates or Up)
will give error "Page Templates not found".

Thank you.

--
Pedro Martins

Zrubecz Laszlo

Jul 30, 2014, 2:17:25 AM7/30/14
to Pedro Martins, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 30 July 2014 01:30, Pedro Martins <martins...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something minor, trying to access https://wiki.qubes-os.org/wiki/Templates
> (via links Templates or Up) will give error "Page Templates not found".

Just created a Page...

--
Zrubi

Davíð Steinn Geirsson

Jul 31, 2014, 6:30:25 PM7/31/14
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear :)

Sorry for the quiet period lately, I've been travelling and decided to
disconnect for the most part. I'm back now so hopefully I can put some
more time into this soon.

-Davíð
signature.asc