HCL - ASUS Zenbook UX303L

Christian Bock

Jun 13, 2015, 9:37:11 PM6/13/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Works basically with a few drawbacks:

(1) = works
(0) = doesn't work out of the box (Might have remarks)
(u) = untested

(1) Keyboard backlight control via Fn + F3/F4
(1) Display backlight off via Fn + F7
(1) Audio controls via Fn + F10/F11/F12
(1) Sleep button via Fn + F1
(0) Airplane toggle via Fn + F2
(0) Display backlight control via Fn + F5/f6
(0) Touchpad toggle via Fn + F9
(u) Video Out toggle
(0) Touchpad is in PS/2 mouse emulation mode
FocalTech touchpad will be fully supported from kernel 4.0
until then, functionality is limited to point and click
(no scroll)
gave up updating kernel to fc20 testing (4.0.4) - HELP NEEDED

(0) WIFI stops working after waking up from sleep
Qubes-HCL-ASUSTeK_COMPUTER_INC.-UX303LAB-20150614-031548.yml

bock...@googlemail.com

Jun 13, 2015, 9:52:55 PM6/13/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, bo...@imap.ch

> (0) WIFI stops working after waking up from sleep

I found that:

rmmod iwlmvm
rmmod iwlwifi

before sleeping, and

modprobe iwlwifi

after sleeping will do the trick. I just don/ understand /usr/lib/qubes/prepare-suspend, where to put the modules so it will unload and load - I only see modprobe statements in there...

bock...@googlemail.com

Jun 15, 2015, 6:41:57 AM6/15/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, bo...@imap.ch
Disabling VT-d in bios circumvents suspend/resume problems with iwlwifi, but this is not a satisfying option

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Jun 19, 2015, 3:31:17 AM6/19/15
to bock...@googlemail.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com, bo...@imap.ch