Multiple TorVMs?

Axon

Jan 3, 2014, 2:30:14 AM1/3/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Just something I'm curious about: Is there any use case for having
multiple TorVMs? Anyone out there currently doing this?

I think the default stream isolation settings probably mean it is
useless to have multiple TorVMs, but I'd rather ask than merely assume,
in case there's some advantage I haven't considered.

signature.asc

Abel Luck

Mar 26, 2014, 12:37:54 PM3/26/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Nope, I haven't heard of this.

With a custom configuration using multiple stream isolated ProxyPorts, I can't
see a need to do this.

Moreover, it's important that you don't run Tor over Tor as it doesn't
provided any benefit and is considered harmful.

~abel
signature.asc

Axon

Mar 27, 2014, 6:44:06 PM3/27/14
to Abel Luck, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Abel Luck:
Abel,

Thank you for your reply. However, the discussion on this topic has
since moved to qubes-devel:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/qubes-devel/le7-Rrq6yxY/discussion

I'd be interested to know whether you are at all swayed by what is in
that thread.

Axon

signature.asc