HCL - Lenovo W541

Anon User

Mar 11, 2016, 11:42:29 AM3/11/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Had to disable the nvidia driver in grub in order for it to boot (which causes a screen tear in grub but accelerated graphics via VLC etc works good anyway).

Also the USB patch-through via PCI bus works better than other laptops because of two separate PCI busses (left vs right hand side of the laptop), which means that I can patch through 4G modem or SmartCard without breaking Keyboard+Mouse.

The built-in DVD can not be patched through to a VM, had to use a USB driven DVD burner for this.
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-20EF001SMS-20160311-172530.yml

piitb...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 1:04:11 PM3/14/16
to qubes-users, feeds....@gmail.com
Hello,

Am Freitag, 11. März 2016 17:42:29 UTC+1 schrieb Anon User:

> Also the USB patch-through via PCI bus works better than other laptops because of two separate PCI busses (left vs right hand side of the laptop), which means that I can patch through 4G modem or SmartCard without breaking Keyboard+Mouse.

do you have 4G running in Qubes OS? As my W540 has also an integrated LTE Card I would like to use it, but didn't get it to work yet.

A few lines about how you made it work would be very helpfull.

- Piit