Qubes R4.0.1 Installer - The name org.freedesktop.UDisk2 was not provided by any .service files

Adam Lewis

May 17, 2019, 8:43:18 PM5/17/19
to qubes-users
Manually transcribed errors, so typos are entirely possible. Attempting to install Qubes R4.0.1 on Asus ROG Strix GL753-RS71 Intel Core i7-7700HQ
Geforce GTX 1050 TI.
Attempted inst.text in boot args, blacklisting nouveau driver, and commenting out noexitboot=1 and mapbs=1 lines with no changes apparent. The USB bypasses GRUB entirely and immediately launches anaconda installer, with the following error shown in the Logs tab of anaconda.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Traceback
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/safe_dbus.py" line 147 in call_sync
DEFAULT_DBUS_TIMEOUT, None
GLib.GError: g-dbus-error-quark: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnkown: The name org.freedesktop.UDisk2 was not provided by any .service files
Traceback
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/iscsi.py" line 159 in __init__
initiatorname = self._call_initiator_method("GetFirmwareInitiatorName")[0]
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/util.py" line 1105 in decorated
if self.check_avail(onetime=just_onetime)
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/util.py" line 1093 in check_avail
self._avail = self._check_avail()
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/iscsi.py" line 113 in _check_avail
if not safe_dbus.check_object_available(STORAGED_SERVICE, STORAGED_MANAGER_PATH, MANAGER_IFACE)
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/safe_dbus.py" line 194 in check_object_available
intro_data = call_sync(service, obj_path, DBUS_INTRO_IFACE, "Introspect", None)
File "/usr/lib/python3.5/site-packages/blivet/safe_dbus.py" line 151 in call_sync
raise DBusCallError(msg)
blivet.safe_dbus.DBusCallError: Failed to call Introspect method on /org/freedesktop/UDisk2/Manager with None arguments: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnkown: The name org.freedesktop.UDisk2 was not provided by any .service files
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
https://pastebin.com/dAihmU2t

*Attached txt, pastebin link, and above text are all identical.

Much thanks, and please let me know if I can provide any additional information that would be useful,

Adam

PS Accidentally posted in qubes-devel initially. Sorry about that.

QubesR4_Installer_Error.txt

Adam Lewis

May 18, 2019, 2:34:51 AM5/18/19
to qubes-users
Tried using YUMI per a similar Asus HCL report, but that was also unsuccessful. Using MBR rather than GPT/UEFI showed a little more info, though;
"Problem description: failed to getinitiator name from iscsi firmware". This error can be traced to https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-installer-qubes-os/commit/3acd47647ee3284df548cc62d79a75e71efdd7e9#diff-dcea6ef93dbd70a795aab33230d481f5R55

awokd

May 18, 2019, 8:51:46 PM5/18/19
to Adam Lewis, qubes-users
Adam Lewis:
> Tried using YUMI per a similar Asus HCL report, but that was also
> unsuccessful. Using MBR rather than GPT/UEFI showed a little more info,
> though;
> "Problem description: failed to getinitiator name from iscsi firmware".
> This error can be traced to
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-installer-qubes-os/commit/3acd47647ee3284df548cc62d79a75e71efdd7e9#diff-dcea6ef93dbd70a795aab33230d481f5R55
>
> On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 7:43 PM Adam Lewis <ils...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Manually transcribed errors, so typos are entirely possible. Attempting to
>> install Qubes R4.0.1 on Asus ROG Strix GL753-RS71 Intel Core i7-7700HQ
>> Geforce GTX 1050 TI.
>> Attempted inst.text in boot args, blacklisting nouveau driver, and
>> commenting out noexitboot=1 and mapbs=1 lines with no changes apparent. The
>> USB bypasses GRUB entirely and immediately launches anaconda installer,
>> with the following error shown in the Logs tab of anaconda.

Just a guess, but if you're installing to an NVMe, try setting it to
SATA compatible mode if possible. Could also try installing to an actual
SATA drive of some type.

Adam Lewis

May 19, 2019, 7:00:55 PM5/19/19
to awokd, qubes-users
Thanks for the response. Rereading my messages, it's clear that I was lacking some information about what my current state was, so I apologize for that. Issues were primarily occurring during installation from a live usb, before even getting the chance to select a storage device. I've done some screwing around and am working on submitting an HCL now. I did run into post installation issues, but those were due to a typo in my boot args, and correcting nouveau.modeset=0 (was nouveau.nomodeset=0) cleared that bit up for me.

Thanks again.

awokd

May 19, 2019, 7:06:32 PM5/19/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Adam Lewis:
> Thanks for the response. Rereading my messages, it's clear that I was
> lacking some information about what my current state was, so I apologize
> for that. Issues were primarily occurring during installation from a live
> usb, before even getting the chance to select a storage device. I've done
> some screwing around and am working on submitting an HCL now. I did run
> into post installation issues, but those were due to a typo in my boot
> args, and correcting nouveau.modeset=0 (was nouveau.nomodeset=0) cleared
> that bit up for me.

Seemed clear to me, sounded like that's where you were getting stuck.
Looking forward to seeing the fix for the install issue.

loro...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2019, 4:01:21 AM12/2/19
to qubes-users
I get the same error running the installer on my XMG P407 laptop which has an M.2 SATA disk. Did you figure out how to solve it?