HCL - Lenovo X230

Paul Harvey

Oct 5, 2015, 11:54:29 PM10/5/15
to qubes-users
Tested Qubes 3.0 w/KDE desktop.

Working:
- - wlan networking, 5GHz & 2.4GHz
- - lan networking
- - sound via speaker
- - usb 3.0 (tested external hard disk via usb vm)
- - volume buttons/mute
- - hardware wireless switch
- - fn+ display brightness
- - fn+ media buttons play/pause/forward/backward
- - fn+ sleep
- - fn+ external display switching (F7)
- - trackpoint
- - trackpad
- - sleep/suspend to ram (including from lid close)

Not working:
- - audio microphone mute button (but generates sensible xev events)
- - fn+ lock button (but generates sensible xev events)
- - fn+ wifi button (but generates sensible xev events)
- - hibernate/suspend to disk

Untested:
- - webcam, other Fn buttons

Regarding hibernate, dom0 journalctl shows:
systemd[1]: Starting Qubes suspend hooks...
libvirtd[]: End of file while reading data: Input/output error

I've made no attempts to fix this, notably I have less swap space than
physical ram which probably doesn't help.

I initially had a segfault or two from the qubes vm manager but it
seems stable now.

Cheers

--
Paul
Qubes-HCL-LENOVO-2306CTO-20151006-143054.yml

noorr...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2016, 12:07:02 PM12/31/16
to qubes-users
Dear Paul,

I have a Lenovo x230 i5 and I wold like install the Qubes.
I have a bootable USB with 3.2 but i have a problem.

I saw this https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/ but I am not sure how can i do that? Where I have to edit the xen.cfg file? What I missed?
Edit /mnt/sysimage/boot/efi/EFI/qubes/xen.cfg (you can use vi editor) and add to every kernel section:

mapbs=1
noexitboot=1
Note: You must add these parameters on two separate new lines (one paramater on each line) at the end of each section that includes a kernel line (i.e., all sections except the first one, since it doesn’t have a kernel line).

Now you can reboot the system by issuing reboot command.