What happened to the tagging of unsafe files?

Elias Mårtenson

Apr 2, 2019, 2:55:42 AM4/2/19
to qubes-devel
I'm referring to the feature that was developed as part of GSOC about a year and a half ago. It involved tagging some files as being unsafe, and would cause them to be opened in a dispvm by default.

Was that work ever merged? I've been looking forward to this feature for the last year or so.

Regards,
Elias

unman

Apr 17, 2019, 7:50:27 AM4/17/19
to qubes-devel
> --

I think you mean this - https://blog.amorgan.xyz

I think the last update was in October 2017, but it seemed to stall with
developing patches for Dolphin and improving nautilus extensions. So,
afaik, never reached stage that it could be merged.

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Apr 17, 2019, 7:55:16 AM4/17/19
to unman, qubes-devel

Demi M. Obenour

Apr 17, 2019, 8:34:06 AM4/17/19
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 4/17/19 1:57 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 12:50:23PM +0100, unman wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 01, 2019 at 11:55:42PM -0700, Elias Mårtenson wrote:
>>> I'm referring to the feature that was developed as part of GSOC about a year and a half ago. It involved tagging some files as being unsafe, and would cause them to be opened in a dispvm by default.
>>>
>>> Was that work ever merged? I've been looking forward to this feature for the last year or so.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Elias
>>>
>>> --
>
>> I think you mean this - https://blog.amorgan.xyz
>
>> I think the last update was in October 2017, but it seemed to stall with
>> developing patches for Dolphin and improving nautilus extensions. So,
>> afaik, never reached stage that it could be merged.
>
> Yes, that's exactly the case. There were problems with getting
> nautilus/Dolphin extensions in a shape acceptable to upstream project.

Would it be possible for QubesOS to merge the patches into its own
branch, or would that require resources that ITL doesn’t have?

Sincerely,

Demi

signature.asc

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki