Re: [qubes-devel] Qubes OS & Imagination's OmniShield?

Message has been deleted

Radoslaw Szkodzinski

Nov 13, 2015, 4:26:39 AM11/13/15
to Jaxxon, qubes-devel
On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Jaxxon <lucian....@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's more of a curiosity, but could Qubes OS work on Imagination's
> OmniShield-ready chips, such as the recently announced P6600 (should have
> performance level between Cortex-A57 and Cortex-A72 I'm guessing, or around
> what the latest Intel Atoms have - or as Intel calls them now
> "Celeron/Pentiums").
>
> Does OmniShield offer any extra security here compared to what Intel has?

Sorry, but this is all behind deep NDAs and is a custom (or not? maybe
microMIPS) solution in their MIPS core.
Xen does not support it and there is no real information on it anywhere.
Xen MIPS porting effort seems to be quite dead as Broadcom put it down
(somewhere around Xen 3.4) - and it was paravirtualization only.

They are using a proprietary microkernel if I read it correctly.
Here's a probable early paper on the tech - but it might've changed since.
http://prplfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/ISQED2015-2.pdf

--
Radosław Szkodziński