Qubes R2 rc1 release heads up

Joanna Rutkowska

Apr 15, 2014, 2:52:48 PM4/15/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a quick FYI that, unless something really unexpected happens, we
plan to release Qubes R2 rc1 by the end of this week. We will also
support smooth upgrade from R2 Beta3 to rc1. In fact I have already
upgraded my main laptop (including dom0 to fc20) this way. Apparently it
works :)

Cheers,
joanna.

signature.asc

Joanna Rutkowska

Apr 16, 2014, 9:45:41 AM4/16/14
to hermankha...@gmail.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 04/16/14 15:36, hermankha...@gmail.com wrote:
> Is there a preferred pathway to moving to RC1, i.e. if someone has the
> luxury of time would it be better to take a backup of the existing
> TemplateVMs and AppVMs on R2B3 and do a clean installation of RC1,
> restoring the data thereafter?

If you already using Qubes, then upgrade should be the best choice. To
make the upgrade an easy and pleasant experience we will publish even a
new fc20 fresh template.

But if you're considering to install Qubes OS now, then better wait a
few more days, and grab rc1 ISO.

joanna.
signature.asc