Debian 9/testing upgrade and issues

Chris Laprise

Sep 24, 2016, 4:12:48 PM9/24/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Upgraded template from debian 8 to testing/stretch/9/etc/etc/etc
basically works in Qubes R3.2RC, including roles as sys-net,
sys-firewall, VPN and various appvms (browsing, email, etc). Copy/paste
and file copy seem to work OK.

Issues so far:

* Some systray icons appear blank... sometimes as a white block,
sometimes as clear block. It depends on which program: Aartha
dictionary's icon appears normal, as does JuK. NetworkManager looks
clear. KDE5 things like Klipper appear white. They all have functional
menus, however.

* The upgrade process left behind a file in /etc/apt that causes this
warning:
N: Ignoring file '50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist' in directory
'/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

* Some KDE apps (which I consider necessary) are not responding to color
palette settings, so they display with the default color scheme.

I'd also like to know if there are other problem areas that I should try
out. It would be great to get the next debian version ready for use on
Qubes as soon as possible.

Chris