f25 broken?

pixel fairy

Apr 21, 2017, 10:52:39 PM4/21/17
to qubes-devel
last build worked when i disabled f25, is that currently broken?
is there any reason to still use f23 as dom0?

Unman

Apr 22, 2017, 4:22:46 PM4/22/17
to pixel fairy, qubes-devel
On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 07:52:39PM -0700, pixel fairy wrote:
> last build worked when i disabled f25, is that currently broken?
> is there any reason to still use f23 as dom0?

Cant help on the Fedora side.

There's no call to update dom0 - this has come up a number of times on
the list and it's simply not a priority to do that update.

pixel fairy

Apr 22, 2017, 8:58:51 PM4/22/17
to qubes-devel, pixel...@gmail.com, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org

i meant building a qubes release with a newer fedora, or maybe another distro, as dom0
the DIST_DOM0 variable

Outback Dingo

Apr 23, 2017, 2:54:49 AM4/23/17
to pixel fairy, qubes-devel, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org
I would consider an update to domU to F25/26 being something of a
necessary evil.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-devel/5ab9dc29-978f-4405-a57f-623b19597545%40googlegroups.com.

Unman

Apr 23, 2017, 5:27:36 PM4/23/17
to pixel fairy, qubes-devel
I know, but there are other priorities than upgrading dom0 to 24, so
it's 23. I seem to remember Marek saying that it was possible that r4
would still have Fed23 in dom0, but that decision hasn't yet been made.

There has been discussion about running another distro in dom0 - my
preference would have been Debian, and I still have a working Debian
dom0, but haven't pursued this. Again, it's not a priority. (And there
has been talk about having a much smaller footprint in dom0 altogether.
Again, I don't think the final decision has yet been made.)

unman