Qubes Windows Tools 3.2.1.3 - xenvif fail to install

Olivier Médoc

Sep 19, 2016, 12:52:42 PM9/19/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm failing to install Qubes Windows Tools 3.2.1.3 in a Windows 7 VM
where I previously install the tools in their 3.0 version.

After browsing through the logs, and activating required services
(Volume Shadow Copy ...), I can see that xenvif drivers are failing to
install the the following error line:

RETURN UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices (Error code 0x2: the system
cannot find the file specified).

If I disable the xenvif driver in the installer, the installation is
working.

Am I the only one affected with this issue ?

P.S. The Xen PV disk drivers are causing BSOD regularly in my case
(after windows startup or during shutdown). From the documentation, it
only occurs after first boot for most users.

Olivier Médoc

Sep 19, 2016, 4:52:42 PM9/19/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Please forget about this email. It was a bad uninstallation of Qubes R2
tools.