JACK audio backend for Qubes

Damien Zammit

Jul 19, 2017, 10:41:37 AM7/19/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am new to Qubes OS (installed it on a x220 with coreboot + me_cleaner
2 days ago). I am not very impressed with Pulseaudio as a sound server
in general. Therefore, I have begun work on a native JACK backend for
Qubes. I got a little kickstart help from one of the devs on IRC,
thanks for that.

I have written a passthrough client for JACK based on vchan (similar to
the pulse backend). It compiles and runs, connects to JACK server but I
don't know how to see the packets on vchan ports yet.

My experimental repo is here:

https://github.com/zamaudio/qubes-jack

I hope we can replace pulse with jack one day.

Damien