Connecting to Guest Video Subsystem?

drew....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 9:26:59 PM1/18/17
to qubes-devel
Hi folks,

I'm wondering how I would connect to a Guests Display/Monitor as a stream/feed ?

Or what do I need to listen to to get the next page?

Sincerely,
Drew.

Tai...@gmx.com

Jan 18, 2017, 10:47:32 PM1/18/17
to drew....@gmail.com, qubes-devel
VNC?

drew....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2017, 10:59:45 PM1/18/17
to qubes-devel, drew....@gmail.com, Tai...@gmx.com
No, not using any third party thing like that, literally using XEN/Qubes.

drew....@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2017, 12:25:23 AM1/19/17
to qubes-devel, drew....@gmail.com, Tai...@gmx.com
On Thursday, 19 January 2017 14:47:32 UTC+11, Tai...@gmx.com wrote:
VNC?

What I want to do is read directly from the vGPU and write directly to the HID as well.

But if I can't get the data from the vGPU then it's going to be quite pointless going further with that task/interface.

That's why I'm trying to find out how to achieve it. Once it is achieved, I can build the interface accurately.

Eric Shelton

Jan 19, 2017, 12:32:56 AM1/19/17
to qubes-devel, drew....@gmail.com, Tai...@gmx.com
Depending on what you are trying to achieve, you likely need to write a program that can tap into the shared memory and vchan based inter-vm protocol.  For example, you might look at

and how handle_shmimage() and do_shm_update() get invoked and what they do.  HID stuff is in there too.  Maybe modify gui-daemon to do what you want to do, or to pass frames along to, and receive input from, another process.

Eric

drew....@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2017, 9:43:04 PM1/23/17
to qubes-devel, drew....@gmail.com, Tai...@gmx.com
Problem is, I read that, and it tells me nothing.
Doesn't tell me how I can access the Video Chanel to get access to the guests display.

(Not using C)

I'll keep working on it to try to find a way to interact with it.
Thanks for the tip on the VChan and SHM.