Why was Saltstack chosen?

gm...@otterhall.com

May 20, 2016, 8:16:59 AM5/20/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Why was Saltstack chosen over other configuration management tools, e.g. Ansible? What's the pros and cons between the different technologies? I've tried to search in the mailing list, but can't find any discussion about the topic.

Regards,
Albin

Michael Carbone

May 20, 2016, 8:39:32 AM5/20/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
gm...@otterhall.com:

https://www.qubes-os.org/news/2015/12/14/mgmt-stack/

--
Michael Carbone

Qubes OS | https://www.qubes-os.org
@QubesOS <https://www.twitter.com/QubesOS>

GPG fingerprint: 2DBE 2014 E7B0 0730 303D 7AAB 99AB 0624 6EEB F5A8