Humbly drawing attention to a windows-related "bug"/"improvement"

Reapette

Feb 14, 2018, 7:52:30 AM2/14/18
to qubes-devel
Hello qubes developers!

I would like to humbly draw your attention to a certain technique of enabling proper dual-head support on windows HVMs under qubes that _almost_ works

I've managed to reproduce everything from there, starting from "getting the second screen actually spawn as second window (actually the ONLY way I managed to get a windows HVM recognize second monitor, without this trick it just dumbly spawns a single window) and get monitors with different resolutions working together.

It is almost perfect usability for me, but the "ghost clicks" problem (described in link/issue) is killing it for me ("just dragging a single big window to two screens" is a much inferior option for me, since monitors in my typical setups have different native resolutions)

If someone knows a clever workaround for the "ghost clicks in windows dualhead isssue" (windows HVM use under qubes seems to involve a lot of clever workarounds) that'd be great.

(of course, fixing it outright would be even greater but I do realize that you have your hands full and windows VMs are hardly a "priority", so just hoping "someone knows something" on working around this, and qubes-devel is where I expect most knowledgeable people to be at :) )

Thank you very much