HCL - Lenovo Thinkpad T430U

tigerbeard

Mar 29, 2013, 6:25:28 PM3/29/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

My system information:
====
ThinkPad T430U 3351CTO
Processor         Intel Core i7-3517U Processor
System Graphics nVIDIA GeForce GT 620M, Intel Integrated Graphics
Total Memory 16 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
Hard Drive 128GB SSD, SATA3
WiFi Adapter ThinkPad a/b/g/n Wireless & Bluetooth 4.0 (2x2 ABGN & BT 4.0)
====

And here's the output from the hcl script:
====
Qubes release 2 (R2)
Model Name:     LENOVO 3351CTO

Chipset:        00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller [8086:0154] (rev 09)
VGA:            00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0166] (rev 09)
CPU:            Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3517M CPU @ 1.9GHz
BIOS:           H6ET90WW (2.08 )
VT-x:           Active
VT-d:           Active
====

The OS installed happily after disabling secure boot and enabling legacy boot.

I'm still trying to get the wireless working, but I think I may have found the solution to that so I won't bother with detailing that until I've exhausted my options.

I also get a consistent error message which I'm not sure I should be concerned about or not:
====
nouveau ! [device] unknown Fermi chipset
nouveau E [device] unknown chipset, 0x0d7000a2
nouveau E [DRM] failed to create 0x80000080, -22
====

Can anyone tell me what that means? I can see it's from the nvidia drivers, but beyond that, is this a problem that I should be worrying about or is it largely irrelevant?

Thanks,
-rmf

israf...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2013, 5:21:53 AM9/18/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i have T430u lattop thinkpad, i want to upgrade memory, but i reed in net " up to 8 GB" but you write yours lattop is 16 GB?  is it true

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Sep 18, 2013, 8:13:14 AM9/18/13
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, israf...@gmail.com
Spec is not always hard limit ;)