Distribution via mirrors.kernel.org

Konstantin Ryabitsev

Jul 4, 2015, 1:56:18 PM7/4/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all:

I noticed that you're using sourceforge as your main distribution point.
I would like to offer to put qubes on mirrors.kernel.org, but we'll need
to be able to rsync from some system that you maintain, as we aren't
currently accepting direct uploads.

Would that be something we could set up? I'm interested in the project
and would like to see you guys using something more respectable than
sourceforge for your distribution. :)

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Linux Foundation Collab Projects

Joanna Rutkowska

Jul 6, 2015, 8:55:16 AM7/6/15
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, Konstantin Ryabitsev, Hakisho Nukama, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Wojciech Zygmunt Porczyk

Konstantin Ryabitsev

Jul 6, 2015, 9:38:09 AM7/6/15
to Joanna Rutkowska, qubes...@googlegroups.com, Hakisho Nukama, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Wojciech Zygmunt Porczyk
On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 02:55:06PM +0200, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:
> Also, Konstantin, would you be willing to also host our updates (rpm, deb) or
> just the ISOs? Any option to also mirror Qubes git repos (currently only on
> GitHub.com)

We can certainly do both ISOs and package updates, but I would steer
clear of git repositories, as we do not have a non-kernel.org mirroring
infrastructure for those.