Certifying AMD based systems

Chris Laprise

Nov 14, 2019, 7:21:55 AM11/14/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
I suggest that the Qubes project certify some AMD systems to give users
a more meaningful variety in their available hardware. Currently there
is only the Insurgo X230 plus whichever gen of Thinkpad X1 the devs are
currently using, all of which are based on Intel processors.

The following post summarizes my thoughts about why Intel is so
problematic (beyond being closed design) that AMD is currently a more
responsible choice...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/85c426f7-7e17-b1ab-87c3-71f92d169955%40posteo.net

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket

bo0od

Nov 14, 2019, 8:08:00 AM11/14/19
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Please read these requirements before jumping into suggesting new hardware:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/certified-hardware/#hardware-certification-process

btw Intel and AMD two faces for the same coin both of them dirty
organizations.

Chris Laprise: