File system labels in default partitioning

Trammell Hudson

Oct 27, 2016, 5:13:29 PM10/27/16
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
When I install Qubes r3.2 I do a custom partioning so that I can add
filesystem labels (boot, root, home, swap), which can simplify the
initramfs and my custom boot script since the UUID values are not needed.
This is nice since I don't need to track down the file system UUIDs to
change the boot parameters.

Is there a security or other reason to not have the default partitioning
label the filesystems?

--
Trammell

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki