Testers wanted

Unman

Apr 1, 2017, 11:17:20 PM4/1/17
to qubes...@googlegroups.com, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

Now that r3.1 is end of life, we need to do some work to clear the 113
bugs that are still open.

A first step would be to triage the bugs to see what still affects 3.2
and what can be closed.
If you are interested in helping out, please reply to me rather than to
the list. Ideally you will have a fairly vanilla 3.2 you can use for
testing. If you can send me a note of your hardware that would help in
allocating bugs where the original report referred to specific hardware.

With a bit of effort we should be able to clear these pretty quickly,
and you will have helped make Qubes that little bit better.

cheers

unman

magicadu

Apr 2, 2017, 10:48:02 AM4/2/17
to qubes-devel, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org
Hi unman,

I can help with testing. I can run vanilla 3.2 on :

1: Lenovo x220, i5-2520M with coreboot
2: Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3, Intel i7-2600K, Radeon 6850

Have a nice day,

magicadu

Dňa sobota, 1. apríla 2017 20:17:20 UTC-7 Unman napísal(-a):

John Casey

Apr 2, 2017, 2:23:18 PM4/2/17
to qubes-devel, qubes...@googlegroups.com, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org

On Sunday, 2 April 2017 04:17:20 UTC+1, Unman wrote:
Hello all,

Now that r3.1 is end of life, we need to do some work to clear the 113
bugs that are still open.

A first step would be to triage the bugs to see what still affects 3.2
and what can be closed.
If you are interested in helping out, please reply to me rather than to
the list. Ideally you will have a fairly vanilla 3.2 you can use for
testing. If you can send me a note of your hardware that would help in
allocating bugs where the original report referred to specific hardware.

Apologies as I am not totally familiar with mailing list etiquette, but would it be better to include the mailing list so as to maintain a record of volunteers?

Regardless, I'm running 3.2 on a MBP Early 2013 (i5-3230M). I also am able to run on a desktop (GA-X99-UD4P, i7 5820k, GTX 660).

More than happy to help if I can.

With a bit of effort we should be able to clear these pretty quickly,
and you will have helped make Qubes that little bit better.

cheers

unman

Regards,
John

daltong defourne

Apr 13, 2017, 5:20:08 AM4/13/17
to qubes-devel, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org
Hello!

I am trying to  reply to you specifically, but the "reply to author" option is missing for some reason. Hope I did everything right.

Willing to help out with some testing.

My box:
Asus ROG Hero VIII motherboard
32 GB PC-3200 RAM DDR4
Skylake  core i7 6700k
adaptec 5805z RAID controller
vt-d enabled.
Nvidia GTX 1070 GPU (not working because, well, Nvidia. using intel IGFX for qubes)
Double PSU config (500 w each)

Dual monitor setup.

Qubes use quirks:
using Windows 7 templated VM daily (non-seamless)
have many (>10) VMs with open GUI windows at any time.

drew....@gmail.com

May 2, 2017, 1:06:36 AM5/2/17
to qubes-devel, qubes...@googlegroups.com, un...@thirdeyesecurity.org
Tell me what hardware you want me to use and I'll use it.

I have multiple PCs, I'll get the HCL for them.

One is a Dell Precision T5500, Dual GPU, 1 x X5650 @ 2.67GHz with 24 GB RAM.
One is a custom PC, single GPU, single Q8400 CPU with 6 GB RAM.
I also run Qubes on my Laptop, an HP 8460p with 8 GB RAM and it is a Quad Core i7.