Port-forwarding through VM's and a WiFi Router in Qubes 4.0 through Debian-9

matt egler

Sep 24, 2018, 5:39:56 AM9/24/18
to qubes-devel
Qubes OS version:

$4.0
Basically I have a router that my wifi is connected to and I am trying to learn how to successfully Port forward in msfconsole from qubes 4.0 Obviously there is a net-vm ans a sys-usb vm and it is hard to see whether or not my applications are working due to this conundrum :) I would also like to put the a listener through whonix if at all possible!
Affected component(s):

msfconsole
sys-net vm
firewall vm
whonix vms
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
Expected behavior:

Port forwarding works the same as a simple linux machine connected to wifi

Actual behavior:

Can't tell if I have to change my tactics for port forwarding from a normal computer due to the fact that there are so many virtual machines along with the Wifi Router

General notes:

No response form a listener due to the fact that there are multiple port forwarding obstacles.... infected program seems to be functioning normally as far as I can tell but it does not show up in my listener

awokd

Sep 24, 2018, 8:22:33 AM9/24/18
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
matt egler:
You might get more responses over on the qubes-users mailing list.
However, assuming you submitted
https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4302, where are you
getting stuck? Try the basics first, like a web server or something on a
standard template and making sure you can reach it from another computer
on the same network as your Qubes PC. Going through Whonix is going to
be an additional challenge as it's designed to not send traffic locally;
don't recommend it.