Archlinux systemd v211-212

Olivier Médoc

Apr 7, 2014, 1:33:32 PM4/7/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Archlinux template will fail to start if you upgrade systemd to version
211 or 212.

I don't really know the reason currently.
In the meantime if the template really need to be updated, one can add
IgnorePkg = systemd in /etc/pacman.conf

Outback Dingo

Apr 7, 2014, 2:58:49 PM4/7/14
to Olivier Médoc, qubes...@googlegroups.com
Hey Olivier,

if you can push your working template up to my ftp site, ill work on debugging systemd,
Ive tried multiple times unsuccessfully to build one myself. its not so straight forward as it was before.

Olivier Médoc

Apr 7, 2014, 3:34:54 PM4/7/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 04/07/14 20:58, Outback Dingo wrote:

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:33 PM, Olivier Médoc <o_m...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
Hello,

Archlinux template will fail to start if you upgrade systemd to version 211 or 212.

I don't really know the reason currently.
In the meantime if the template really need to be updated, one can add IgnorePkg   = systemd in /etc/pacman.conf

Hey Olivier,

if you can push your working template up to my ftp site, ill work on debugging systemd,
Ive tried multiple times unsuccessfully to build one myself. its not so straight forward as it was before.

Yeah the development repository is currently with -Werror activated, so things need to be changed here and there.

If found an old template, but I don't remember if everything was working correctly at that time. I'm currently uploading it here:
http://olivier.medoc.free.fr/fc18/rpm/qubes-template-archlinux-x64-2.1.1-201402161922.noarch

Note that you can also find the last archlinux agents in http://olivier.medoc.free.fr/archlinux/pkgs/ and you can even add it in pacman.conf with something like that (I dont remember the exact syntax):
[qubes]
Server = http://olivier.medoc.free.fr/archlinux/pkgs/

Another thing: nothing is currently signed, so use at your own risk. In fact, I don't really know how I can sign things, especially with archlinux.

P.S. Wait two hours from now before downloading it. The upload is still in progress.

Olivier Médoc

Apr 8, 2014, 2:55:27 AM4/8/14
to qubes...@googlegroups.com
On 04/07/14 21:34, Olivier Médoc wrote:
[...]

Well, upload failed, apparently ...

Outback Dingo

Apr 8, 2014, 8:55:52 AM4/8/14
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:55 AM, Olivier Médoc <o_m...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
[...]

yeah i tried to install the downloaded image and it failed

try sending it up to your site with filezilla, this way if it fails for some reason you can restart it where it left off