clocksync service is not enabled on any vm's in rc4

Elias Mårtenson

Feb 17, 2018, 4:48:01 AM2/17/18
to qubes-devel
After installing rc4, I noticed that sys-net did not have the clocksync service enabled. In fact, clocksync was not enabled on any of the vm's.

I noticed this after my computer's clock was off by one minute.

Other than enabling this service on sys-net, is there anything else I need to do to get time synchronisation working?

Regards,
Elias

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Feb 17, 2018, 9:55:20 AM2/17/18
to Elias Mårtenson, qubes-devel

Elias Mårtenson

Feb 17, 2018, 10:07:55 AM2/17/18
to qubes-devel
On Saturday, 17 February 2018 22:55:20 UTC+8, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

> That's weird, it should be enabled in sys-net by default. Did you had
> any problems during installation, requiring manual sys-net setup?

The installation worked fine as far as I can tell.

The only unusual thing was after initial boot, when it initialises the system for the first time (the part where you answer which vm's you want created, etc). After I had done this, you're supposed to click "finish" (or something to that effect) but I accidentally clicked on the same button again. This caused the installer to run again.

I don't think that would cause any issues, but that's the only thing I did that was out of the ordinary.

After adding the clocksync service to sys-net, activating it, and rebooting, the time is now properly synchronised.

Regards,
Elias

bow...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 7:12:35 AM2/19/18
to qubes-devel
I can confirm that I had the same problem. I did the same mistake during install on one of my systems, not sure it was on the one at fault, but quite probably. Another system I installed later is fine (I probably did not do the install mistake).