backup of dom0

Zrubi

Sep 30, 2019, 5:52:31 AM9/30/19
to qubes-devel
Hi,

I just wonder If I missed something, or the dom0 backup contains the
content of the /home/<user>/ directory only?

What I missing:
- custom .rpm packages I installed,
(at least the package names needs to be reinstalled)
- kernel related settings
(/etc/default/grub, /boot ?)
- /etc/qubes
- /etc/qubes-rpc
- /usr/local
- /var/log/qubes

I used to backup these "by hand" before, because most of the time I
used the restore process there was additional changes like hardware,
major Qubes version, etc. So I was not even try to restore the dom0..

Now I "just" replaced my SSD for a bigger one, and forgot to run my
custom backup script. :|
Nothing lost, as I still have the old SSD, but at least I can see what
is missed by the official restore process.

--
Zrubi

Andrew David Wong

Sep 30, 2019, 7:00:31 PM9/30/19