GuiVM window title prefix

Frédéric Pierret

Nov 5, 2019, 5:39:53 PM11/5/19
to qubes-devel
Hi all,

While working on GuiVM (screenshot attached), we are wondering with
Marek what should be the default prefix in place of '[Dom0]' in window
titles? Here on the screenshot, you can see (not in fullscreen for dev
purposes), into the GuiVM named 'sys-gui', we arbitrarly chosen
'[GuiVM]'. Using the vm name itself could be confusing and we would
prefer to have a specific denomination for that.

Any comments/ideas?

Thank you.

Frédéric

PS: Have a thought on the GuiVM in fullscreen, it's very cool! And the
sys-net and testvm consoles are put like that to show you it's not above :).

Screenshot_qubesos-4.1_2019-11-05_23:32:42.png
signature.asc

Andrew David Wong

Nov 6, 2019, 12:03:22 AM11/6/19
to Frédéric Pierret, qubes-devel

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 6, 2019, 8:11:41 AM11/6/19
to Andrew David Wong, Frédéric Pierret, qubes-devel

Jean-Philippe Ouellet

Nov 6, 2019, 9:42:46 PM11/6/19
to Marek Marczykowski-Górecki, Andrew David Wong, Frédéric Pierret, qubes-devel
I've always used colors to distinguish dom0 windows from other
windows. Colors are much easier to notice are wrong when tired, in a
hurry, etc. The only window which can make grey window titles/borders
on my system is dom0.

I don't see why the GuiVM couldn't also be easily identified in this
manner. Is there another consideration that makes this different than
the case of guivm=dom0 now, other than the case where the GuiVM is not
full screen / owning the display?

Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

Nov 6, 2019, 9:49:38 PM11/6/19
to Jean-Philippe Ouellet, Andrew David Wong, Frédéric Pierret, qubes-devel