Who reviews the translations on Transifex?

blacklight

May 18, 2017, 3:07:10 PM5/18/17
to qubes-devel
hello devs,

So I was recently accepted as a translator for the qubes project on Transifex (A big thank you for this, since im finally able to contribute to the Qubes project).

But now I see that after the translation of a sentence, it needs to get reviewed.
Now how is this exactly done, does one need to get permission to review the translation or need to be in some kind of authorative position?
Since I seem to be the only one translating my  language (dutch) , would I be qualified to review it? (my biggest doubt about this is that I would be reviewing my own translation's, and this might affect quality).

So to be to the point, what are the guidelines about reviewing the translations made on Transifix(if there are any)?

best regards,
blacklight447

Andrew David Wong

May 20, 2017, 8:07:21 PM5/20/17
to blacklight, qubes-devel

On 2017-05-18 14:07, blacklight wrote:
> hello devs,
>
> So I was recently accepted as a translator for the qubes project on
> Transifex (A big thank you for this, since im finally able to
> contribute to the Qubes project).
>
> But now I see that after the translation of a sentence, it needs to
> get reviewed. Now how is this exactly done, does one need to get
> permission to review the translation or need to be in some kind of
> authorative position?

As far as I know, we don't currently have a system for this, but Tobias
has proposed some guidelines here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-devel/a4gg3g4UuJg/OfXpZr71AgAJ

> Since I seem to be the only one translating my language (dutch) ,
> would I be qualified to review it? (my biggest doubt about this is
> that I would be reviewing my own translation's, and this might affect
> quality).

I think so. The Qubes Project will never have official people covering
all the languages, so we'll never be able to guarantee the accuracy of
translations. See:

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1333#issuecomment-282525224

and

> So to be to the point, what are the guidelines about reviewing the
> translations made on Transifix(if there are any)?

We don't have any official guidelines yet, but again, some have recently
been proposed:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-devel/a4gg3g4UuJg/OfXpZr71AgAJ

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)